SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational day school in Riverdale, NY, is now accepting resumes for Assistant Teachers in the ELC.
- Strong ability to build connections with children and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Problem-solving and collaborative skills
- Understanding of principles of social, emotional and cognitive development
- Creative, flexible and open-minded approach to teaching
- Background in Early Childhood current practice
- Working knowledge of educational technology tools to maximize parent communication, student engagement and to differentiate instruction
- Assists head teacher with the planning of learning units, curriculum and teaching
- Leads small group activities
- Supports head teacher with preparation for conferences and written reports
- Works actively and collaboratively with teaching team on daily activities and special programs
- Assumes responsibilities outside of the classroom, such as lunch and recess duty
Come join us for an immediate opening at SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox school in Riverdale, NY.
We are looking for a dynamic and talented learning specialist/special education teacher to cover a maternity leave beginning in November. Responsibilities include providing direct academic and organizational support to middle school students in small groups, actively coordinating with classroom teachers and communicating with parents.
Candidates should have experience providing academic support and remediation in middle school general studies subjects. NYS Certification in Special Education preferred.