- HS - Learning Specialist for 2021-2022 Academic Year
- HS - Technology Specialist
- AC - Elementary School Librarian
- AC - Office Administrator
- AC - SLC Teacher / Learning Specialist (Middle School)
- AC - Inclusion/Special Education Teachers - Pisgah
- AC - Communications Associate
For the 2021-2022 school year, we are looking for a dynamic and talented learning specialist
SAR High School, a mission-driven, co-educational, modern Orthodox Jewish high school committed to student-centered learning in a challenging and supportive environment, seeks a technology specialist. The technology specialist is a valued member of a supportive, collegial technology team. They are responsible for supporting teacher and student use of technology, and maintaining technology infrastructure throughout the school. The ideal candidate is a hard-working professional, with strong organizational and communication skills and a particular interest in educational technology, systems administration, and effective tech support. This outgoing, team-oriented professional understands the needs of teachers and is committed to the advancement of educational technology in a school environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAR Academy in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, NY seeks a part-time elementary school librarian for grades 1-4, who will bring understanding of children, passion for books, and knowledge of the scope of children and Young Adult nonfiction and fiction works, including Jewish literature, to our program. Our school librarian will guide students’ development toward a love of reading and exploration of the world through both literature, non-fiction, and digital media.
In addition to having knowledge of reference and cataloguing methods, familiarity with OPALS, maintaining and developing the school’s library collection (including managing a Judaica collection) and facility, and teaching duties to build library skills as well as support each grade’s curriculum, our school librarian will integrate technology and its application toward student research and developing digital literacy skills toward finding and communicating information.
He or she will have considerable initiative in devising new and original children’s programs, work well with children: both individually and in groups, deal effectively with parents, teachers, and school administrators, coordinate book clubs and reading events, bring literature alive through teaching drama skills and utilizing Reader’s Theater, and will welcome grandparents into library classes as storytellers.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of specialized library experience. Master's Degree in Library Science preferred.
Resumes can be sent to Sharon Black: email@example.com
Subject: ‘Elementary School Librarian’
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational day school in Riverdale, NY is looking for a Full-Time Office Administrator to start immediately.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately
- Notifies school personnel of visitor arrival
- Maintains security and telecommunications system
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation
- Helps coordinate events in building
- Schedules and coordinates meetings
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Track and Maintain School Apparel Store Orders
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Work Hours: Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - 2pm
- Ability to Learn and Use Multiple Technology Systems
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Informing Others
- Handles Pressure
Education & Experience Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with phone systems
- Previous experience with computer programs like MS Office
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject ‘Office Administrator’
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox day school in Riverdale, NY is seeking an experienced, dynamic Middle School SLC / Learning Specialist teacher with a passion to teach and a strong ability to build rapport with Middle School students in an open classroom environment where learning through 21st century resources is valued and encouraged.
- Exhibits strong ability to build connections with Middle School students and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Displays effective collaborative skills
- Understands principles of social, emotional and cognitive development
- Demonstrates an ability to teach Middle School students literature, text analysis and analytical thinking
- Demonstrates an ability to differentiate writing instruction within a heterogeneous classroom setting
- Uses educational technology to maximize student engagement
- Approaches problem-solving in a positive, creative and encouraging manner
- A New York State Special Education license is preferred
- Prepares curriculum, lessons and activities for both smaller and larger group instruction
- Teaches students in a fair, warm and open-minded environment with differentiated learning
- Manages classroom effectively
- Maintains open communication with students, parents and administrators about the students’ progress
- Works collaboratively with teaching team to plan and facilitate daily activities and special programs
- Assumes responsibilities outside of the classroom, such as lunch duty, advisory and recess duty
Candidates must have experience providing academic support and remediation to students with language-based learning differences using evidence-based approaches. New York State (NYS) Certification in Special Education is required and experience teaching Judaic Studies preferred.
Pisgah is an integrated program that allows for children to get the support of a full-time Special Education teacher, along with related providers, hired by SAR, while also allowing for students to be in a General Education classroom. This hybrid approach allows for strong peer models as well as the intensive support students may need.
The SAR inclusion program serves 5-10 students per grade level in K through Grade 5, embedded within a regular SAR classroom. Each group is supported by a special education teacher who functions as the central organizer of each student’s overall plan, and plays an important collaborative role with other teachers and the rest of the support team.
Pisgah is committed to an individualized approach to learning disabilities, meaning that in each situation, an individualized educational plan is built that targets areas of challenge and builds areas of strength. In addition, Pisgah is committed to understanding and treating the hidden disabilities that interfere with academic growth by providing goal-directed, explicit instruction in the areas that are most needed, including language development, emotional regulation, peer relationships and executive functioning.
- Develop and differentiate curricular materials in collaboration with teaching team
- Provide direct academic and organizational support to students within the class and in small groups
- Establish and implement individualized learning plans
- Monitor and assess student progress toward learning objectives and adapt instruction to address changing needs
- Communicate with parents about student progress and goals
- Understanding of social, emotional, and cognitive development
- Experience employing various methodologies for teaching students with learning differences
- Strong ability to connect with children and develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Creative, flexible, and open-minded approach to teaching
- Working knowledge of educational technology tools to maximize student engagement and to differentiate instruction
- NYS Certification in Special Education
Please CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Communications Associate will support all functions of the Communications department, reporting to the Director of Communications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Communications in executing the school’s communications strategy and master plan for internal and external marketing/communications.
- Prepare written communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Prepare content and media for website, social media and internal newsletters and resources.
- Take photos as needed for the purposes of marketing/communications and social media posting; manage the school’s photo archive.
- Oversee recruitment and management of job applications.
- Support special events throughout the school year; event coordination can include planning and executing logistics as well as being on-site for set-up.
- Assist in special projects and new creative initiatives.
- Identify and liaise with vendors and partners.
- Interest in both traditional and social media
- 3-7 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations or independent schools preferred
- Experience in traditional and social media marketing
- Strong written and communication skills
- Comfort and ease with technology use
- Effective collaborator
- Good project management, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks on deadlines
- Proactive, self motivated, problem solver
- Energetic and natural team player
Please CLICK HERE to apply.