- AC - Judaic Studies Middle School Associate Principal
- AC - Social Media Manager
- HS - Beit Midrash Fellowship Application
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational day school in Riverdale, NY, is seeking a Judaic Studies Middle School Associate Principal with strong leadership skills who can carry out the mission of the school in a warm, open classroom environment where learning through 21st century resources is valued and encouraged.
- Exhibits strong ability to build connections with children and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Displays effective leadership abilities and collaborative skills
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Uses educational technology to maximize student engagement and to differentiate instruction
- Approaches problem-solving in a positive, creative and encouraging manner
- Guides and supervises all Judaic Studies curricular matters in the Middle School
- Hires, supports and supervises Judaic Studies Middle School faculty
- Evaluates and reviews performance of individual teachers on a regular basis throughout the school year
- Monitors academic and social progress of students
- Communicates effectively with students, faculty and administrative team and keeps parents informed about their child’s academic and social progress
- Works collaboratively with administrative team on special programs, new initiatives and community-building
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox day school in Riverdale, NY, is looking for someone who has experience working in the social media marketing space, with a background in audio visual and technology. Must be well-organized, a strong communicator, parent-facing, high energy, and someone that loves social media, kids, and Jewish education.
Candidate will oversee Social Media efforts that include ongoing and new campaigns and will be responsible for researching best practices, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring, and reporting.
- Create a social media strategy that highlights the amazing daily/special activities at the school and shares them with our constituents: parents, grandparents, and the broader Jewish community. The strategy should include a focus on the expertise and talent of our faculty.
- Collaborate with the Development Office, the Communications Manager, Admissions, Marketing, faculty, and staff, to identify new communication tools and marketing opportunities to attract new families and continue the relationship with alumni.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience.
- Shoot, edit and produce 1-to 5-minute school videos based on special events, student programs, and other amazing things that happen at school that we are excited to share with the broader community.
- Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the school.
- Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to the office.
- Analyze and report social media actions on a regular basis for successes and new opportunities.
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect the SAR brand (Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc).
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts.
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process.
- Work with teams to create a solid branding message that’s reflected across marketing materials, social media content and shared by employees
- Available to work evenings to Livestream/ FB Live/ Other tools to record, disseminate and share student, parent, and athletic events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of social media marketing experience
- Experience including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Google Communities, Twitter, instagram, YouTube, and more.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Ability to blog about social media on the Atomic website based on research, experience, and relevant social media news.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION FOR…
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
The SAR High School Beit Midrash is a vibrant center for student and adult learning, a highly accessible resource center and, at the same time, a friendly gathering place. Our twelve full-time Beit Midrash Fellows, hailing from North America and Israel, learn each day in the Beit Midrash which is, physically and philosophically, the center of SAR High School. All Judaic studies classes utilize the Beit Midrash and the Fellows for small group learning. The Fellows also help design and implement many co-curricular activities which promote ruach (school spirit), Medinat Yisrael, and SAR’s annual theme.
The fellowship follows the SAR High School calendar year. The hours are from 9:00 AM until 3:30 PM, Monday- Friday (1:40 PM Fridays during the winter). The day is split between time spent learning/teaching with students under the guidance of classroom teachers and time devoted to furthering the fellows' own individual learning and group learning directed by Rabbi Shmuel Hain. The Beit Midrash Fellowship also features a pedagogy seminar with the outstanding administration and faculty of SAR as well as a Grand Conversation seminar with Rabbi Harcsztark.
The stipend for the year is $17,000.
Four of SAR High School’s Beit Midrash Fellows comprise the Yeshiva University/SAR Kollel. These fellows are all senior Semikha students at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary who are pursuing careers in Jewish education. There are additional requirements and stipend for the YU/SAR Kollel fellows. Please speak with Rabbi Hain for more information.