- AC - Hebrew Immersion Teachers in Early Learning Center
- AC - Learning Specialist/Special Education Teachers
- AC - Special Ed Maternity Leave Coverage
Hebrew Immersion Teachers in Early Learning Center
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational day school in Riverdale, NY, is now accepting resumes for Hebrew Immersion Teachers in the Early Learning Center (ELC).
- Illustrates proficiency in Hebrew; native Hebrew speaker preferred
- Understands Israeli preschool culture, including familiarity with Hebrew songs sung in Israeli preschool classrooms
- Displays effective collaborative skills
- Exhibits strong ability to build connections with children and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Approaches problem-solving in a positive, creative, and encouraging manner
- Understands principles of social, emotional and cognitive development
- Demonstrates an ability to differentiate instruction within a heterogeneous classroom setting
- Demonstrates a creative, flexible and open-minded approach to teaching
- Prepares curriculum, lessons and activities in collaboration with co-teacher
- Teaches students in a fair, warm and open-minded environment with differentiated learning
- Creates interactive lessons about chagim and Jewish values
- Manages classroom effectively
- Maintains open communication with students, parents and administrators about students’ progress
- Assumes responsibilities outside of the classroom, such as arrival, lunch, and dismissal duty
Learning Specialist/Special Education Teachers
SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox school in Riverdale, NY, is looking for dynamic and talented learning specialists/special education teachers to join our lower school team (Grades 1-5) for the 2020-21 school year.
- Strong ability to build connections with children and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Understanding of social, emotional, and cognitive development and the remediation of learning challenges
- Creative, flexible, and open-minded approach to teaching
- Knowledge of and experience in evidence-based methods for teaching students with language-based learning disabilities
- Experience providing academic support and remediation throughout the General Studies curriculum
- NYS Certification in Special Education required
- Working knowledge of educational technology tools to maximize student engagement and to differentiate instruction
- Develop, adapt, and differentiate curricular materials in collaboration with teaching team
- Provide direct academic and organizational support to students in small groups
- Develop and implement individualized learning plans
- Monitor and assess student progress toward learning goals and adapt instruction to address changing needs
- Communicate with parents about student progress and goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of various methodologies for teaching students with learning differences
Come join us and begin the school year with SAR Academy, a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school in Riverdale, NY.
We are looking for a dynamic and talented general studies and/or special education teacher to cover a maternity leave beginning at the end of August for much of the fall, with the possibility of additional positions as the year continues.
Ideal candidates will cover the full-time General Studies position in a lower school class. NYS Certification in Special Education preferred.