SAR Film Fest
SAR High School will host the second annual Filmfest - in partnership with the nationally recognized LUNAFEST® - attended by hundreds of SAR community members last year.
The SAR Film Fest is committed to developing empathy and mutual understanding in our communities. SAR is partnering with LUNAFEST® because of our shared belief that by seeing and discussing exceptional filmmaking, we will achieve more open and honest communication.
Using film shorts, students will engage the audience about current issues in the Jewish and modern world.
These topics include:
- Technology in Film: Reflections Of Our Lives (Social Media) and Our Fears (Dystopias)
- He Shoots, She Scores
- The Opportunity of Youth in Animated Films
- Laughing in the Dark
- The Hidden Emotional Aspect Behind Thrillers (and their endings)
- Social Media for a Woman: a Weapon or a Shield
- Using Animation to Address Real World Issues
- Technology Tearing Our Hearts Apart
- Social media: it can ruins lives whether guilty or innocent
LUNAFEST® films highlight women as leaders in society, illustrated through nine short films by women filmmakers. The films range from animation to fictional drama, and cover topics such as women’s health, body image, relationships, cultural diversity and breaking barriers. The post-screening discussion will examine connections between the films.
WHEN: February 25, 2019
5:30 PM Student-Led Presentations l 6:00 PM Reception l 6:30 PM Screening of LUNAFEST® Films l 7:45 PM Post-Screening Discussions
WHERE: SAR High School
503 W 259th St, Bronx, NY 10471
CONTACTS: Ora Meier
This free event was made possible with a grant from The Jewish Education Project®.